Financial counsellors, community legal centres and community workers are often the first line of defence against predatory and exploitative businesses.
Consumer Action Worker Help provides you with the resources, training and support to identify exploitative products and business practices and help your clients fight back.
What we can help with:
- Banking disputes
- Credit disputes
- Debt collection
- Defective goods and services
- Electricity, gas and water company disputes
- Motor vehicle purchases and disputes
- Overcharging for goods and services
- Public transport fines
- Problems with debt collectors
- Rights to refunds
- Telephone and internet company disputes (including billing, misleading selling practices, unfair contracts)
- Unfair contract terms.
Community and public sector caseworkers and lawyers can call Consumer Action for specialist legal advice on handling consumer matters on our Worker Advice Line. This service is available Monday to Friday from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm:
Worker Advice Line (03) 9602 3326